Pakistan removes chief prosecutor of Mumbai terror attack case

Pakistan's interior ministry has abruptly removed the chief prosecutor Chaudhry Azhar from the Mumbai terror attack case. In a major setback to India's efforts to bring the perpetrators to justice, an official on Sunday said that, he was removed for "not taking the government line". Ten Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) terrorists had sailed into Mumbai from Karachi and carried out coordinated attacks, killing 166 people and injuring over 300 in November 2008.

Chaudhry Azhar, a Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) Special Prosecutor, who had been representing as chief of prosecution in the Mumbai attack case since 2009, from the high-profile case," an official of the FIA privy to the development told PTI. He further said that Mr. Azhar was told that his services are not requird aany further in this case. Mr. Azhar is however only seperated from Mumbai attack case, he will be representing the state in other cases at hand.

Leave a comment