Corporate Training on Counter Terrorism
IPF believes that private companies share as much responsibility for National Security as anybody else. We believe that safety and security go together and national security concerns cannot be excluded from the purview of the concept of Corporate Social Responsibility. In furtherance of the same ideas, we wish to train the corporate world about their role in counter terrorism, about whether and how the risk of terrorism is a corporate responsibility.
The training programme would consist of lectures, group discussions and case studies. It shall ensure that the corporate entities realise their roles in this fight against terrorism and take some concrete level steps. From definitions to financing to countering, we make sure that the training provides for all.
1. Understanding the Manual
1. Use of manual
2. The purpose of this counter-terrorism training manual
3. Overview of the training course components
5. Practical Exercises
2. Developing Understanding of Counter Terrorism
2. Terrorism- Meaning and Genesis
3. Why counter terrorism?
4. How to counter?
5. Survival Strategies
6. Mental Conditioning
3. Understanding Terrorist Agenda
1. Terrorist Ideologies
2. Terrorist Objectives
3. Types of terrorist groups
4. Terrorist Modus Operandi
4. Counter Terrorism and Corporates
1. Why terrorism concerns the corporate world?
2. The importance of private sector in tackling terrorism
5. Terrorism Financing
1. What is Terrorism Financing?
2. Who are the financers?
3. Controlling financing
4. Freezing terrorist assets
5. Counter Terrorism Financing
6. Cyber Terrorism
1. What is cyber terrorism?
2. Media Terrorism
3. Tackling cyber terrorists
7. Social Media Terrorism
1. What is social media terrorism?
2. Promoting terrorist propaganda through social media
3. Combating Social Media Terrorism
8. Political Terrorism
1. What is Political Terrorism?
2. Affected areas
3. Motive behind political terrorism
4. Limited Political Terrorism
5. Countering political terrorism
9. Religious Terrorism
1. What is religious terrorism?
2. Affected Areas
3. Stereotyping and religious fanaticism
4. Countering Religious Terrorism
10. Economic Terrorism
1. What is economic terrorism?
2. Crucial Factors
3. Left- Wing Terrorism
4. Countering Economic Terrorism
11. Case Studies
1. Hiroshima and Nagasaki Attack, 1945
2. Punjab Terrorism, 1980s-90s
3. World Trade Center, Pentagon and Shanks-ville, 2001
4. Mumbai Attacks, 2008
5. Lahore Attack, 2009
12. Counter Terrorism Policy
1. Why do we need a counter terrorism policy?
2. Elements of Counter Terrorism Policy
3. Counter Terrorism Initiatives
13. Counter Terrorism Set- Up
1. The State Police and its intelligence set-up
2. The National Intelligence Community
3. Physical Security Agencies
4. Paramilitary forces
5. The Army
14. Counter Terrorism Techniques
1. Grievance Detection
2. Objective and Balanced Analysis
4. Redressal Machinery
5. Reverse Analysis
6. Follow-Up Action
7. Crisis Management Apparatus
15. Preventing Terrorism
1. Primary Prevention
2. Secondary Prevention
3. Tertiary Prevention
16. National Counter Terrorism Centre
1. What is NCTC?
2. Why NCTC?
3. State Opposition to NCTC
4. NCTC- How Effective?
17. Legislative Measures- Compliance and effectiveness
1. Prevention of terrorist Activities Act, 2002
2. Unlawful Activities Prevention Act
3. Armed Forces Special Powers Act
18. Developing a Corporate Terrorism Risk Management Program
1. Threat Identification and Initial Site Assessment
2. Detailed Risk Assessment
3. Risk Management
19. Securing the Corporates- Proactive Planning I
1. Physical Security
2. Blast Mitigation
3. Immune Building Systems (Chem/Bio-agent containment)
4. Invisible security and Monitoring
5. Self –sustaining facility infrastructure
20. Business Continuity Planning- Proactive Planning II
1. Operational Continuity
2. Corporate Survival
3. Scenario Planning
1. Identifying trends and characteristics
2. Exploring the implications of an event
4. Trans-disciplinary Intelligence Engineering (TIE) Techniques
5. Economic viability of plans and techniques
21. Employee Training
1. Situational Awareness
2. Situational Response Training
3. Handling Panic Situations
1. What is Panic?
2. How is a panic situation created?
3. The fight or flight response
4. Mind Body Coordination
5. Signalling For Rescue
1. The need to signal
2. Light Signals for rescue
3. Smoke Signals for rescue
4. Sound signals for rescue
5. Visual Signals for rescue
6. SOS Morse Code
7. SOS Whistle Code
6. Panic crowd escape during attacks
7. Encountering Hostage Situations
8. First Aid for Gun Shot Wounds